On the 4th day of Corkmas my true love gave to me, four cork snowmen, three cork reindeer, two cork wreaths, and a wine cork Christmas tree.
This year at Bangor Cork, we are ringing in the season in a corky way! On the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting cork craft ideas for you to share with your family this holiday season. Make sure to check back each day for your new craft in the #12DaysofCorkmas
- 2 10” x 10” sheets of 1/32” – 1/4″ thick pre-cut square corks sheets
- 2 twigs
- White paint
- Red and white checkered ribbon/fabric
- 2 buttons
- Mini Santa hat
- Black and orange puffy paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Create Your DIY Cork Snowman
- Trace two circles (one large, one smaller) to create the shape of your snowman on your cork sheet.
- Use scissors to cut out around the two circles leaving them connected in the center.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue twigs to the back of the snowman as arms.
- Use white paint to cover parts of twig arms with snow.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue 2 buttons onto the belly of the snowman.
- Cut red and white checkered ribbon/fabric into thin strip to use as a scarf for the snowman.
- Use a hot glue gun to place a line of glue on the back of the snowman’s neck. Lay the scarf across the glue, splitting the fabric in half.
- Use a hot glue gun to place a line of glue on the front of the snowman’s neck. Lay the scarf across the glue, tying it around as a scarf.
- Use black puffy paint to draw on mouth and eyes.
- Use orange puffy paint to draw on the carrot nose.
- Once dry, use a hot glue gun to glue mini Santa hat to the snowman’s head.
Your DIY Cork Snowman
You’ve now created your very own cork snowman for the holidays! Check back every day for the next two weeks to see the next cork crafts all a part of #12DaysofCorkmas.