On the 6th day of Corkmas, my true love gave to me, 6 ornaments, 5 angels with wings, four cork snowmen, three cork reindeer, two cork wreaths, and a cork Christmas tree.
This year at Bangor Cork, we are ringing in the season in a corky way! On the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting cork craft ideas for you to share with your family this holiday season. Make sure to check back each day for your new craft in the #12DaysofCorkmas!
- 10″ x 10″ sheets of 1/32″ – 1/4″ thick pre-cut square sheets
- Tacky glue
- Craft scissors
- Marker (optional)
- Craft string/thread
- Free printable ornament template
Create Your DIY Cork Ornament
- Print out your free ornament template.
- Use your scissors to cut out your ornament template.
- Place cut-out template on one piece of cork sheet.
- Cut out your cork ornament.
- Apply tacky glue to the top of the ornament.
- Place a piece of paper underneath your ornament and sprinkle glitter (color of your choice) on all areas covered in glue.
- Pick up and shake onto paper to remove excess glitter. Use paper to dispose of remaining glitter.
- Let the glue dry.
- Use a marker to draw or write a name on the ornament on areas where there’s no glitter (optional).
- Use a needle to poke a hole in the top of the ornament.
- Put a string through the hole and tie it back together.
- Hang it on your tree!
Your DIY Cork Ornament
You’ve now created your very own cork ornament for the holidays! Check back every day to see the next cork crafts all a part of #12DaysofCorkmas.