On the 10th day of Corkmas my true love gave to me, 10 snowflakes falling, 9 hiding elves, 8 bells a ringing, 7 candy canes, 6 ornaments, 5 angels with wings, four cork snowmen, three cork reindeer, two cork wreaths, and a wine cork Christmas tree.
This year at Bangor Cork, we are ringing in the season in a corky way! On the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting cork craft ideas for you to share with your family this holiday season. Make sure to check back each day for your new craft in the #12DaysofCorkmas
- 10” x 10” sheets of 1/4 – 1/8″ thick pre-cut square corks sheets (1 for each coaster)
- Blue or white acrylic paint
- Blue painters tape
- Free snowflake stencil
- Cardstock paper
Create Your DIY Cork Snowflake Coasters
- Cut the cork sheet into smaller squares for each coaster.
- Print the free snowflake stencil onto a heavy cardstock paper or other heavier paper.
- Cut out your stencil inside the design and out of the paper to fit the shape of the coaster.
- Tape the stencil to the cork sheet using blue painters tape to secure the stencil and to protect your cork.
- Use blue or white acrylic paint to cover the stencil area and create the snowflake design.
- Remove the stencil and painter’s tape.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for multiple coasters.
- Tie ribbon in a bow around your coasters.
Your DIY Cork Snowflake Coasters
You’ve now created your very own cork snowflake coasters for the holidays! Check back every day for the next two weeks to see the next cork crafts all a part of #12DaysofCorkmas.
Images courtesy of A Little Craft in your Day.