On the 5th day of Corkmas my true love gave to me, 5 angels with wings, four cork snowmen, three cork reindeer, two cork wreaths, and a wine cork Christmas tree.
This year at Bangor Cork, we are ringing in the season in a corky way! On the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting cork craft ideas for you to share with your family this holiday season. Make sure to check back each day for your new craft in the #12DaysofCorkmas
- Wine Corks (1 per angel)
- Wooden craft bead (1 per angel)
- Thin ribbon in color/pattern of choice
- Thick ribbon in color/pattern of choice
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Metallic gold or silver pipe cleaner
- Metallic gold or silver string
- Permanent marker
- Pink blush or eyeshadow
Create Your DIY Wine Cork Angel
- Use hot glue gun to place glue on the top of a wine cork.
- Attach wooden bead to glue on wine cork, using the bead hole as the angel mouth.
- Cut a 25 cm piece of thick ribbon.
- Place a dot of hot glue on the center of the thick ribbon piece.
- Fold over one side of the thick ribbon piece onto the hot glue dot, creating half of a bow.
- Place a dot of glue on the center spot you folded over.
- Fold the other side of the thick ribbon piece onto the hot glue dot, creating a full bow or set of angel wings.
- Use permanent marker to place eyes on the bead (head) of the angel.
- Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and shape into a circle for the halo, leaving some slack to glue to the back of the angel’s head.
- Glue the halo onto the back of the bead (angel’s head).
- Cut a piece of string and tie into a loop large enough to hang the angel as an ornament.
- Glue the string onto the back of the bead (angel’s head) over top of the excess pipe cleaner.
- Use the hot glue gun to place glue on the back of the angel body.
- Place the angel wings onto the back of the angel body.
- Cut a small piece of thin ribbon and tie into a bow.
- Use hot glue gun to glue small bow onto the neck (top of wine cork) of the angel.
- Use pink blush or eyeshadow to lightly apply a blush to the cheeks of the angel.
Your DIY Wine Cork Angel
You’ve now created your very own wine cork angel for the holidays! Check back every day for the next two weeks to see the next cork crafts all a part of #12DaysofCorkmas.
Images courtesy of Guia de Manualidades.