DIY Cork Board: Tricolor Bulletin Board Makeover
Looking to add some creativity to your room or office space? All you need are some household items and a cork board if you're looking to liven up your work space's lackluster appearance! If you don't have the space for a fully framed cork board, try mixing it up by using cork sheets or cork tiles.
- Cork board / cork sheet / cork tile
- White paint and your color of choice paint (blue shown)
- Mix these two paints together to make a third, a mid-toned color
- Plastic bags or damp paper towel (wrap brushes when not in use to keep from drying out)
- Ruler & Pencil
- Masking tape or painters' tape
Step 1: Paint entire cork board frame (if using a framed board) with the white acrylic paint. Let dry.
Step 2: With pencil, mark off the measurements of how you want your cork board to be divided.
- Follow a repeating pattern of 1, 2, 3 with the three colors of choice (pattern pictured right)
- Assign a color to each number and continue the pattern.
Step 3: Using masking tape, paint numbered groups, sections at a time.
- Tape off the dark colors and paint them first, followed by medium, then light.