Wine Cork Wreath: A Decoration for Any Season
If you're looking for a craft that will recycle your wine corks and be hung up all year long, this wine cork wreath is the design for you. With the option to adorn your wreath with spring flowers, autumn leaves, or a holiday ribbon, the possibilities are endless. Using just a few tools, you'll have a lovely and functional decoration ready for every season of the year!
- 12" straw or foam wreath
- Large glue gun and glue sticks
- Wine Corks or Hobby Corks (about 150-200)
- Twine or floral wire
Create Your DIY Wine Cork Wreath
- Tie your twine or floral wire around the wreath, leaving enough slack for three fingers to fit through.
- Place a line of glue on the side of the cork that you will be glueing to the wreath.
- Cover the front-facing side of the wreath with corks laying side by side.
- Once the first layer of corks is on, place glue on corks to be added to a second layer. The glueing will need to be more creative than the straight line used for the first layer.
- Stagger the second layer of corks at random angles all around the front of the wreath.
- Decorate your wreath with seasonal adornments such as holiday ribbons, silk flowers or leaves, or batter operated twinkle lights
- Hang your wreath from the twine or floral wire you placed around the wreath.
Your DIY Wine Cork Wreath
You’ve now created your very own wine cork wreath that can be a beautiful decoration all year long! To see more ways to use cork for DIY's, check out our Project Ideas page for cork stopper crafts, holiday themed designs, and more.
Images courtesy of Save On Crafts.