Wine Cork Angel
Looking for a festive decoration to add to your tree or mantle? These cork angel ornaments make a lovely addition to your home for the holidays and are a fun craft to work on with kids. Check out the instructions and see how you can make them for yourself!
- Wine Corks or Hobby Corks (1 per angel)
- Wooden craft bead (1 per angel)
- Thin ribbon in color/pattern of choice
- Thick ribbon in color/pattern of choice
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Metallic gold or silver pipe cleaner
- Metallic gold or silver string
- Permanent marker
- Pink blush or eyeshadow
Create Your DIY Wine Cork Angel
- Use hot glue gun to place glue on the top of a wine cork.
- Attach wooden bead to glue on wine cork, using the bead hole as the angel mouth.
- Cut a 25 cm piece of thick ribbon.
- Place a dot of hot glue on the center of the thick ribbon piece.
- Fold over one side of the thick ribbon piece onto the hot glue dot, creating half of a bow.
- Place a dot of glue on the center spot you folded over.
- Fold the other side of the thick ribbon piece onto the hot glue dot, creating a full bow or set of angel wings.
- Use permanent marker to place eyes on the bead (head) of the angel.
- Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and shape into a circle for the halo, leaving some slack to glue to the back of the angel's head.
- Glue the halo onto the back of the bead (angel's head).
- Cut a piece of string and tie into a loop large enough to hang the angel as an ornament.
- Glue the string onto the back of the bead (angel's head) over top of the excess pipe cleaner.
- Use the hot glue gun to place glue on the back of the angel body.
- Place the angel wings onto the back of the angel body.
- Cut a small piece of thin ribbon and tie into a bow.
- Use hot glue gun to glue small bow onto the neck (top of wine cork) of the angel.
- Use pink blush or eyeshadow to lightly apply a blush to the cheeks of the angel.
Your DIY Wine Cork Angel
Images courtesy of Guia de Manualidades.