Just becauuse the weather outside may be frightful, doesn't mean you can't still make a snowman! Using cork sheets and a few crafty supplies, kids and parents can enjoy a snow day making their own cork snowman or snowwoman. Add some ribbon and the decorations can double as ornaments for you or someone special.
- 2 10” x 10” sheets of 1/32” – 1/4″ thick pre-cut square corks sheets
- 2 twigs
- White paint
- Red and white checkered ribbon/fabric
- 2 buttons
- Mini Santa hat
- Black and orange puffy paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Create Your DIY Cork Snowman
- Trace two circles (one large, one smaller) to create the shape of your snowman on your cork sheet.
- Use scissors to cut out around the two circles leaving them connected in the center.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue twigs to the back of the snowman as arms.
- Use white paint to cover parts of twig arms with snow.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue 2 buttons onto the belly of the snowman.
- Cut red and white checkered ribbon/fabric into thin strip to use as a scarf for the snowman.
- Use a hot glue gun to place a line of glue on the back of the snowman's neck. Lay the scarf across the glue, splitting the fabric in half.
- Use a hot glue gun to place a line of glue on the front of the snowman's neck. Lay the scarf across the glue, tying it around as a scarf.
- Use black puffy paint to draw on mouth and eyes.
- Use orange puffy paint to draw on the carrot nose.
- Once dry, use a hot glue gun to glue mini Santa hat to the snowman's head.
We hope you enjoy this frosty craft! For more snowy day activities, take a look at our Project Ideas page for ideas.
Images courtesy of Kohls and Life is a Lullaby.